DEI is a powerful competitive advantage when it comes to hiring. Companies that recruit a diversity of candidates – and create inclusive and equitable work environments that encourage diverse employees to stay – will win the war for talent.
Do you have formal hiring practices including diverse candidate consideration for your company, and does your company track their metric of diversity of staff and leadership?
IF NO: Below are a few resources to help you start the process.
How to get started:
- A Data-Driven Approach to Hiring More Diverse Talent – Harvard Business Review
- Diversity in the Workplace: The Case for Building a Diverse Team – Workable
- Diversity in the Workplace: Why it Matters and How to Increase Inclusion – Workable
- Hiring Manager Toolkit: HR Templates and Tools
- How To Alter Your Hiring Practices To Increase Diversity – Forbes
- How to Hire for Diversity – Glassdoor
- Meaningful Metrics for Diversity and Inclusion
- Measuring Progress
Tools for recruiting diverse candidates:
- 10 Eye-opening Best Practice Strategies to Diversity Recruiting
- 12 Ways to Attract and Hire Diverse Job Candidates
- Diversity and Inclusion: 7 Essential Early Talent Recruiting Strategies – Handshake
- Diversity Hiring: 6 Steps to Hiring More Diverse Candidates
- Recruiting for Diversity – Harvard
- Using Technology to Increase Fairness in Hiring
Tools for interviewing:
- 6 Illegal Interview Questions Not to Ask — and Legal Alternatives – Workable
- How to Conduct a Structured Interview
- How to Document Interview Feedback for Your Hiring Team
IF YES: Great your company is on the right path in ensuring your hiring practices include diverse candidates. Take a look at companies excelling in diversity recruitment: